The King of Pop passes on. His music, however, will still live on. There was this remix of “Rock With You” that I worked on for 8TV’s So You Think You Can Dance Malaysia in 2007 that did not get selected for the performances. I thought I’d give it the due exposure here as my tribute to the greatest entertainer of the world whose music I grew up listening to. Rest in peace.
Via Seth Godin’s weblog:
- When you love the work you do and the people you do it with, you matter.
- When you are so gracious and generous and aware that you think of other people before yourself, you matter.
- When you leave the world a better place than you found it, you matter.
- When you continue to raise the bar on what you do and how you do it, you matter.
- When you teach and forgive and teach more before you rush to judge and demean, you matter.
- When you touch the people in your life through your actions (and your words), you matter.
- When kids grow up wanting to be you, you matter.
- When you see the world as it is, but insist on making it more like it could be, you matter.
- When you inspire a Nobel prize winner or a slum dweller, you matter.
- When the room brightens when you walk in, you matter.
- And when the legacy you leave behind lasts for hours, days or a lifetime, you matter.
The cursedness of my universe in the context of Newton's Laws of Motion can be simply put as follows:
- An object in motion will always be heading in the wrong direction.
- An object at rest will always be in the wrong place.
- The energy required to move an object in the correct direction, or put it in the right place, will be more than you wish to expend but not so much as to make the task impossible.
Perhaps I should start living opposite days.
If Dick Cheney is regarded as the most dangerous United States Vice President ever, I would like to regard Utusan Malaysia (UMNO's mouthpiece) in its current form as the most dangerous widely circulated daily that our country has ever had. Not once, not twice, but on too many occasions already has it been the accuser, judge, jury and executioner on several critical issues, supposedly on the pretext of championing Malay rights. Seditious as they downright are, yet, they can get away with it with hardly a slap on the wrist, unlike other publications.
Seriously Utusan/UMNO, you're not doing us Malays any favors with your antics (or to put it bluntly, you're just making more enemies for the Malays). When other people can already stand and walk on their feet while you're telling us Malays how we should be grateful and content that we can sit comfortably on our laurels, pulling other people down and making them sit just because you can't and don't want to learn to stand yourself is not going to earn you any fans, let alone the respect you seemingly like to command from others.
I'm glad that's off my chest. If anybody feels like flaming me for this post, by all means, do. I'd like to see how my flame retardant suit holds up too.
I turned another year older over the weekend. So it's been 34 years since the day I was evicted from my mother's womb. Apparently, I still have trouble looking the part, let alone acting like one (although with the grey hair that's showing, it's getting a bit easier on the former). Perhaps my belief that "60 is the new 40" contributed to that effect. So if anybody needs affirmation that the power of affirmation works, come see me!