Taken off Dale Carnegie’s book
of the above title:
- The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.
- Show respect for the other persons opinion. Never say, Youre wrong.
- If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
- Begin in a friendly way.
- Get the other person saying, Yes, yes immediately.
- Let the other person do a great deal of the talking.
- Let the other person feel that the idea is his or hers.
- Try honestly to see things from the other persons point of view.
- Be sympathetic with the other persons ideas and desires.
- Appeal to the nobler motives.
- Dramatize your ideas.
- Throw down a challenge.
If only it works like that over here.
Listening to: The Ataris – The Saddest Song